Hello!
Welcome to my little blog. Besides the stories, news, perspectives and rantings below. My last tweet was :
""

follow me on Twitter or follow me on PLURK

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Koprol : Social Network, Indonesian Style

For the past year most of us has our secret projects on the works, and one of a good friend I know from fickr has been busy with his colleagues in starting their own social network site. Their plan of combining status updates and location is not something new, but it is something no one ever exploited.

Head on over to Koprol.com, they recently started their public beta today after rigorious testing process for the past 6 months. Their concept is actually based on how people in Jakarta socialize, where kopdar (getting together in one spot just for fun with online friends) is an everyday thing. Koprol helps people to find out where their friends are, and let them message friends closest to their location for a meet. Not that I've done this yet, but the technology is here.

So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and give it a shot.

No comments:

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker